Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ann

today...I wondered if Ellie should do tap or ballet or gymnasics next fall

today...Ann looked at her daughter and prayed she wouldn't have to grow up without a mom


today...I worked on planning details for our upcoming Easter services

today...Ann wondered if she'd get to experience one more Easter


today...I made plans for our summer family vacation

today...Ann held each of her family tight, never wanting to let go

Ann has already lived longer than the three month expectation her doctors gave her, due to terminal cancer. I've learned so much from Ann's perspective & faith. I've learned that no matter how many days our life holds, our days are still numbered...our time is short.

In the Message Bible in 2 Thessalonians 1:11, Paul says "Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time—pray that our God will make you fit for what he’s called you to be, pray that he’ll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something."

We can't afford to do anything with out HIS energy...we're on a frugal budget in the currency of time. That's my prayer today...Lord, fit me & fill my good ideas & acts of faith with YOUR energy, so it amounts to something.

Please, also, say a prayer for Ann and her family.

1 comment:

gretchen said...

Wow. Certainly puts my puny problems in perspective. Thanks for writing this, Jenn. It really touched me, not only Ann's story and your compassion for her, but that I have such an awesome little sister who is so Spirit filled. I admire you for being so matured in your faith. Love you!